I was looking for how to import some drug molecules into C4D. If they were PDB files, I could use ePMV to open without trouble; however, they weren’t..
So I did the following:
– found their MOL files downloaded from sites such as ChemSpider.com
– put them into UCSF Chimera
– did some appearance edits in Favorite>Model Panel>attributes
– exported the scenes as VRML files (if using COLADA format all color textures will be stripped off the atom spheres)
– opened the converted files in C4D
– turned on Sketch & Toon to make some minor adjustments – saved for future use.
It works so far 🙂
Thanks for the great tip on the Mol to C4D workflow! It’s just what I was looking for.